Door Gap Gauge
168 in stock
The Best Door Gap Gauge to Check Fire Door Assembly Clearance Requirements!!!
If you are a door installer, inspector, Fire Marshal, IOR or do facility maintenance you should purchase the door gap gauge to help you save time and inspect with more accuracy. Most of our products have free shipping.
- To better serve you we have free shipping and cover the taxes for all products purchased from our online store.
- The Fire Door Gap Gauge is an Easy to Use, Pocket-Sized Tool that fits on almost any keychain that way you have it when you need it. It also doubles as a beer bottle opener and a 3” tape measure.
- Designed specifically to check clearance requirements before inspections for Fire Rated Door Assembly’s by your AHJ.
- The Fire Door Gauge was designed with input from many AHJ’s, Fire Marshall’s tradesmen and inspectors.
- It is Easy to Read
- Light Enough to Carry Everywhere
- The Door Gap Gauge is machined out of aluminum to very tight tolerances.
- The cool thing about The Fire Door Gap Gauge is that it is a multi-use tool that brings convenience for many. Are you an Inspector, Quality Control, Tradesperson or Architect that needs to measure that item on the 19th floor? Well, you are in luck if you have the Fire Door Gap Gauge. That same day you are finishing up work. The crew decides to meet at the park and have a couple of Beers. You pull out your Fire Door Gauge and are rescued yet again. It is not only designed to help save lives but will rescue you when you least expect it. If your time is valuable you need a Fire Door Gap Gauge.
- Check out our blog about the Best Door Gauge by visiting our blog!
- Check out our Fire Door Checklist Here!
How to use the Fire Door Gap Gauge.
It can be used with any type of door construction whether, hollow metal, fire-rated wood, and even aluminum just to name a few types. Next, locate the dimension portion of the gauge needed to measure your gap. Insert the gauge between the door and the frame. The gauge should fit snug in the gap and be able to slide easily along the entire length of the gap. However, when checking the door gap at the bottom of the door the gauge should not pass through when checking the bottom margin.
Door Gap Gauge Specifications
- It is compact and easy to use with it’s machined steps to identify the following margins 1/8″, 3/8″, 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″ 5/8″ and 3/4″ for your required door gaps.
- It also has a material thickness gauge with the ability to measure the following sizes 20ga, 16ga, 15ga, 14ga, 1/8″, 10ga, 3/16″ and 1/4″ of sheet goods and wire sizes.
- The coolest part is that it boasts a beer bottle opener and attaches to your keychain when you need it the most.